The known risks associated with the administration of these vaccines will be discussed with you, as well as the possibility of a rare adverse event or vaccine failure.
- Medical records can hold some of the most private information about a person, and could contain information that could be valuable to identify thieves or other conniving parties.
- Healthcare security cameras can also keep patients safe while they’re waiting to visit the doctor, helping to improve their overall experience.
- Protection of retail stock and clinic equipment
- Footage may be used in the event of a dispute or claim
The use of CCTV at Travel Clinic North Shore falls within the scope of the Privacy Commissioner’s Guidelines on the Use of CCTV of 2009.
In order to comply with the requirements of the 2009 Privacy Guidelines, data must be:
- Fairly and lawfully processed
- Processed for limited purposes and not in any manner incompatible with those purposes
- Adequate, relevant and not excessive
- Not kept for longer than is necessary
- Processed in accordance with individuals’ rights
Data Protection statement
- CCTV is installed for the purpose of staff, patient and premises security.
- Access to stored images will be controlled on a restricted basis within the Practice.
- Clear signage is displayed below the recording camera on the premises.
Retention of Images
Images from cameras are recorded on the clinics secure network. Recordings are retained for the purposes of security of staff, patient and premises. Recordings which are not required for the purposes of security of staff, patient and premises, will not be retained for longer than is necessary and no longer than 12 weeks.
Access to Images
It is important that access to, and disclosure of, images recorded by CCTV and similar surveillance equipment is restricted and carefully controlled by the Clinic Director, not only to ensure that the rights of individuals are preserved, but also to ensure that the chain of evidence remains intact should the images be required for evidential purposes.
Removal of Images for Use in Legal Proceedings
In cases where recordings are removed from secure storage for use in legal proceedings, the following will be documented:
- The name of the person removing from secure storage, or otherwise accessing, the recordings
- The date and time of removal of the recordings
- The reason for removal
- Any crime incident number to which the images may be relevant
- The place to which the recordings will be taken
- The signature of the collecting police officer, where appropriate
- The date and time of replacement into secure storage of the recordings
Access by Data Subjects
Requests for access to images should be made in writing to Clinic Director, Travel Clinic North Shore, 101 Apollo Drive, Albany, Auckland 0630.
Individuals should also be provided with the practice CCTV Policy which describes the type of images which are recorded and retained, the purposes for which those images are recorded and retained, and information about the disclosure policy in relation to those images.
The Practice Manager will provide a written response to the Data Subject within 21 days of receiving the request. Please note individuals can access CCTV images of themselves, but due to the privacy of others in the footage access to the images may not be granted.
All enquiries regarding this policy should be made in writing to Clinic Director, Travel Clinic North Shore, 101 Apollo Drive, Albany, Auckland 0630.